Monday, March 05, 2007

Weekend Fun!




This weekend was a lot of fun. Let me first explain the bad luck I hda on Thursday and Friday. On Thursday, my tire was low when I left my field site so I filled it up and was on my way home. I made it about 25 miles and I got a flat tire - really bad section of 3A where there is no breakdown lane and cars are flying by. After an hour, a guy came and put the donut on and had to put air in that as well. That night, Sam spent about 2.5 hours getting me a new tire - very slow at Sears. The next morning, on my way to the office at 6:30am in the pouring rain, got another flat tire! Not fun, but especially for Sam who had to put Alex in the car in his pjs with no breakfast, come find me on the exit ramp just before Route 3, and put the donut on the other side of the car... in the pouring rain. So, after much deliberation, I decided that I needed to stay home and clean the house instead of going to work. I didn't want to risk getting stuck again in the pouring rain with a donut on one side and another flat tire - obviously I ran over something. So, Saturday morning, Sam went and got me 3 more tires so now I've got 4 new tires, we're about $350 lighter, and I had to use a sick day. After all that nonesense, we had a few friends over on Saturday afternoon, and then on Sunday we went on a hike around Ellisville State Park (which is about 3 miles from our house) and Sam did some work on the deck. So, all is well in the world!

1 comment:

Beyer said...

Stink! I'm not sure who I feel more sorry for... your mom or your dad? :)

Bee